Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bottle Weaning and a Request


My daughter is almost 11 months old and I am starting to get worried about bottle weaning her. She is SUPER attached to her bottle and she is resistant to drink from sippy cups. I have been trying to give her water/juice in her sippy since she was 7 months and she just won't have a thing to do with it. If anyone has tips on how they got their kids to drink out of sippys let me know and I would also love to hear tips on bottle weaning.

And my request is for our blog authors. I was hoping to make this blog a bit more personal. I was hoping that all blog authors could e-mail me a pic of themselves and a little blurb about themselves as well. Probably about a paragraph long....about how many kids, if you work, are in school....things like that. Then I was going to post the pics and description on the sidebar of this blog. If you are not comfortable thats ok. I just thought it would be kinda fun and make this blog more personable. Anyway, my e-mail is marissa_jarrett@yahoo.com. Thanks ladies!

2 comments:

Smitty n' Chelle said...

Jett was not big on the idea of a sippy cup either so I found these sippy cups at walmart that look a lot like a bottle and have almost a nipple tye of lid. they were called sports bottles and you buy them individually. I can email you pic if you want. check your walmrt and see if you can find them. they are called "sport bottles" and are in the isle where the sippy cups are. they are usually in the box on a shelf not in a wrapper that hangs. anyway good luck

Amanda said...

I am there with you! I've actually been meaning to ask for advice, but never got around to it. My baby is exclusively breastfed - well, solids too - and doesn't care for bottles or cups. I've bought several types of sippies and bottles. He knows HOW to work them all, just doesn't care.

Since I've never weaned a baby, all I can do it spit out my doctor's advice. He told me that if Gaius is this stubborn, I will just have to stop nursing him to get him to drink from the cup. I'm not looking forward to that day, and I'm still going to try a cup as often as possible, but I think he's right. One day we'll just have to stop - you'll have to throw the bottles out - and the babies will have to drink from their cups.

Live Traffic feed