Friday, April 10, 2009

Diaper Rash Continued, The Cure!

After my whole experience trying to treat Kaylee's diaper rash, I thought I would share what I learned. I know a lot of you probably are already very familiar with what I am about to say but I know I have been clueless on most things like this since my daughter was born.
2 weeks ago I picked my daughter up from the sitter's and she had a horrible diaper rash. She has really sensitive skin and even 10 minutes in a soiled diaper can give her a rash. I treated it with EVERY cream I could buy over the counter and that didn't work, so I tried taking her diaper off and letting her play with no diaper for 2-3 hours, still nothing. In fact the rash started to get worse. I called my doctor and she told me it had most likely turned into a yeast infection. She prescribed me some Nystatin, which is an anti fungal cream about 2 days ago and since then her rash has gotten better everyday.


I am serious when I say that I bought EVERY single cream on the shelves. I want to cry when I look at the massive amounts of money I spent on creams. To save all you other Mom's out there the trouble, I have listed my top 3 diaper rash creams. Even though Kaylee's was a yeast infection,these creams still helped with the redness and the pain. And on her normal rashes they seem to get rid of them the quickest.
My number 1 choice in Balmex. It really does reduce redness in just one diaper change!


My # 2 choice in Aveeno Baby Soothing Diaper Rash Cream. This one really helped with pain, not as good with reducing the redness though. Also it smells really nice and cleans off your hands easily as well.
My #3 pick is Bourdeaux's Butt Paste. Everyone recommended me this cream, so I must admit I was expecting a little more out of it. The main thing I liked was there was absolutely no smell. And it cleans up easily. Also works for pain and redness, but not as much as Balmex or Aveeno.


Well, there you have it! My thoughts on Diaper Rash treatments!

Read more about Yeast Infections in Babies Here. This is a really good article from babycenter.com about signs, symptoms, and treatments.

6 comments:

The Thomas Clan said...

bIf your baby gets a yeast infection, you don't necessarily have to go to the dr. and get the Nystatin RX. You can buy over the counter adult yeast infection treatment and use it as a diaper rash cream and it works just as good. I just had to do this with my baby. Sorry I didn't have this advice sooner. I just found out a week ago when Lizzie had a horrible rash that turned into yeast infection. My dr. told me to try the over the counter stuff first and it worked great! I even bought the walmart brand and it was only $4.

Unknown said...

That's great to know! Cause afterwards I was wondering about that when I saw the adult treatments at the store. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi,
My name is Linda Rose and I am the assistant editor of Infection.org. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a relationship with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Infection.org is a purely informational site dedicated to the general Public. It provides a focal point on the Internet for Infection information.

I hope you show some interest in building relationship, please contact me at linda.infection.org@gmail.com.

buy propecia online said...

Hello i hate that my baby have this terrible rash i have used so many creams and nothing works i hope that this be the cure for this proble.

over the counter yeast infection treatment said...

Never use petroleum-based lubricants for vaginal lubrication during sexual intercourse. Always use water-based lubricants when vaginal dryness is an issue.

Kimberly Williams said...

I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
Herpes is a serious and recurring condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by USA Doctors. But the best way to fight and get rid of  herpes virus permanently is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great hebal Doctor, who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be worried that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases Eczema,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism,vaginal rashes, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
He's a good man and he will help you

Live Traffic feed