Friday, January 23, 2009

Hi There!

Hi! I am Marissa's friend, Rachelle. We danced together in college, and just came back in contact! She told me about this blog, and I am so excited about it!!
A little about me...
I am 23, I have one baby boy, who is 13 months old. I am from Salt Lake, and I love to dance, sew, scrapbook, and be creative! (Marissa's last post had two of my craft sites, and they are also in the side bar!) I like to goof off, and watch chick flix! I HATE to clean the bathroom, and try my hardest to bribe my husband to do it, but usually end up doing it myself with a grimace on my face. I serve in the Young Womens. I love the gospel! I miss my girlfriends and having a carefree existence, but would NEVER change my life now that I know what it is like to be a Mom! I am already baby hungry.

Anyway, the reason for my post...
I need a little advice. No, I am not planning on getting pregnant any time soon, but I do want to have another baby maybe sometime next year. Here is where your advice comes in. I have a good friend who has been married for over four years and can't get pregnant. She gets really sad and upset when others around her are blessed with pregnancy, and I am SO scared to get pregnant again, because I feel like I would offend her and maybe hurt our friendship. What should I do!!? I HATE hurting other people's feelings, and I realize that I worry way too much about it, but sometimes I just can't help it! Any suggestions???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO glad you posted Rachelle! I have a friend like that too and its hard! But I know it helps her when I tell her that Heavenly Father has a plan in mind for her and that she will have a baby someday even if it is in the next life. Just a thought. That is so sad though:(

Amanda said...

I also have a friend that hasn't been able to get pregnant. However, while I know it's hard for her, she has been able to be happy for me and other friends that have had babies. I don't know how to put it nicely, but basically I feel that you know what is right for your family, and it's not right for those children waiting to come to wait because you don't want to offend a friend. Be there for her, and offer your support, and hopefully she will be able to be happy for you too.

Melanie said...

I have felt this way, too. I have had some friends unable to have children, and I also had a friend who had a baby die, right around the same time my second was born. I felt really bad though, but actually holding and seeing our boy helped her deal with the passing of hers. That's what she wanted. I think being supportive and praying for the person helps, and just listening to them. Maybe remind her, if she brings it up, that all women will be able to have children, whether in this life or the next.

Christensens said...

I've felt that way before....on both sides. I have felt the awful feeling like I would never get pregnant and when I did a good friend stopped talking to me. What I have learned by being on both sides is that you should never let someone else take away what makes you happy. Sounds kinda harsh, I know. Everyone has certain trials in life, they are ALWAYS hard in their own way. But, don't let someone else's jealousy make you unhappy. You've got to live life happily.

Live Traffic feed